Sunday, May 21, 2006

Music is magic

As I type this post, I am listening to one of the magic works of A R Rahman, the tracks of RDB. Music is magic. The captivation it has among people is amazing. It’s not who the creator of the music is, but it’s about how captivating and enthralling it is to you.
As a true music lover I listen to all kinds of music which I feel good and suits my taste. I mostly like soft music, and Rahman has given a lot of that in this piece. Particularly the tracks “Tu bin bataye” and “Luka Chupi” are extremely good. The Guitar that goes along in Luka Chuppi is amazing. The sound of the string is really pleasant to the ears. When one observes closely, one can listen the triggering of the strings crystal clear. This along with the voice of Lata Mangeshkar and Rahman himself is pure magic. To top it all, the song ends with the rendering of the swaram. Being a Hindustaani semi classical, I would rate this one as one among the top songs that has come out of A R Rahman. I just cannot think of any other word than Magic to describe this work. As I have always felt the more and more I hear some songs, more and more I like them. I listen the background music which goes along with the song throughout. I feel that is the difference between music makers like Illayaraaja, Rahman and others. A soft piano that goes along has not been mastered by many except these two great masters.  Music to me is all about experimentation and these two great men never stop doing it. Listen and observe to enjoy yourself.

2 comments:

Bharani said...

Very True...Athuvum raja-voda themes ellam chance-illa...Esp the Punnai Mannan....

Unknown said...

i too love ARR & Raja's music