Monday, February 27, 2006

Going the HP way...

Well a few days back I was feeling very much bored and didn’t have any work to do at office. Now it’s just the opposite. Life is just rocking. It’s a nice experience for me to work in HP facilities and environment. Its much different from TCS and it’s a great learning experience. Work is going very fast, lots to learn. The Storage domain and the technology is new to me and I have a lot to gear up to. Last two weeks saw the bringing up of all our storage arrays ourselves. Right from stacking up the disk enclosures,  to piling in the disks to the bays, to powering up the Controllers, to connecting to host machines and management stations, to cabling and configuring the fiber switches, we had to start from the scratch and build. At last, along with a lot of lessons and best practices, we brought all things into place by last Friday. This was not enough though. We also had to attend to various training sessions conducted by the Storage experts who have solely come to India for this purpose. I am riding along this huge tide of work, happily and things shaping up in the positive, probably first time in my work life. Hopefully I would get hold of this path.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey u no longer with TCS? when did u join HP?

Magesh G said...

I am still very much with TCS, I am put up in the HP office (Client site). Hope u missed the Home Coming post.