Sunday, December 31, 2006

A quick Recap...

A quick recap of Year 2006. Some achivements, some events, some failures, it was a right mix I should say.

January:
  • The Homecoming. I at last got to get a mvoe from Mumbai to Bangalore. Joined HP Office, (on deputation from TCS) and started working on Storage Technologies Lab.
  • We bought a Maruti Omni - White - LPG/ Petrol.
  • Discussion of booking a flat - an ill fated decision? Only time will answer.

February:

  • Bought a new bike. Bajaj Discover. I have completed 7621 Kms as on date. A lot of travel indeed!!
  • Booked aflat at Ittina Mahavir, for which little progress has happened.

March - April:

  • Visited Mumbai for my uncles first death Anniversary - I performed all the rituals with utmost faith.
  • Visited my Wadala Peiyamma, not knowing that I wouldnt visit her again.

May - June:

  • Work..Work..Work. At office.
  • Travelled to Pondy after a Long time. It was a nice memorable visit. Always its great to go to the place in which you were born and lived for initial 22 years.

July:

  • Travelled to Trichy, Thanjavur along with family, inthe Omni for Priya's marriage. Had a nice trip and brought along something that my brother would never forget - Horoscope of Vidhya, now my "manni".

August:

  • Official Visit, I should say, for my brother to see Vidhya - We went to Raju - Sumuka's house at Electronic City to see Vidhya and her family.
  • Travelled to Chennai - Muthuamma, my beloved gramdma's first death anniversary.

September:

  • My brother's engagement. It was the first huge event for some time in our family. And more important for me - as I had to manage the show. Sept 3rd, sunday - Early morning Pooja and Yagnas, follwed bythe engagement - A Great event.
  • Travelled to Periyakulam - vidhya's native. A wonderful small town, very pleasant, very scenic. Ramesh and Vidhya's Marriage date was fixed as November 12th.
  • I started to look for a change in job. Posted my resume in websites and started sniffing at jobs seriously.
  • Attended IBM interview, but turned out to be a flop, as the requirement totally did not match.

October:

  • Attended EMC, Mindtree interviews. Got offers in both. A result which I never expected to occur so soon.
  • Arrangements for marriage started in flow. Distribution of Invitations, Booking of Reception Hall, Shopping etc etc.

November:

  • Ramesh's Marriage, Reception in Bangalore. A great event again in our family, unforgettable.
  • Got the offer letter from EMC, dated Nov 13th, my birthday on the 14th.
  • Resigned TCS on Nov 15th 2006.

December:

  • Last few days in HP and TCS.
  • Pechu, as she is fondly known as, Periyammas sudden and tragic demise.
  • Amma's Cardiac issues and hospitalisation.
  • Dec 22nd - Last working day in HP and TCS. A very warm farewell from HP, which I would not forget.

And now...Its exactly 11:59 as I type this...A Great End to an Eventful Year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007.

No comments: