Monday, January 01, 2007

Resolutions...

Last year, when I read some blogs regarding the Resolutions for the New Year, I thought, if theres something you wish to do why wait for the new year. But this year my thoughts have changed. Its always nice to begin something in the new year. So here is my list of resolutions. I have taken this quite seriuosly and I hope that I succeed in keeping up with the promises to myself.

  • Blogging - This gives me a sense of relief
  • Wake up early in the morning - Off late my timings are becoming worse. Hence I would want target at 6:30 AM
  • Exercise in the gym - This is to improve my fitness. I have been doing this - quite irregularly though, would like to resularise this.
  • Visit a temple once in a week - This also gives me a sense of relief, happiness and contentness.
  • Work Hard - This might sound very generic but, my first focus would be on the official work, particularly because I am stepping into a new company this New Year.
  • Read a lot - First half of 2006 was worst in this regard, as I got along with my family after nearly 2 years. I had not read anything at all during this period. The later half was better in a way that I did some technical stuff. This new Year I want to read more, whatever it may be...novels, self help books, biographies, spiritual.
  • Buy Books worth Rs 200 every month. This is to compliment the earlier resolution.

I am planning to put these points on my pin up board at home and office, so that I keep looking at this regularly.

All said, Resolutions are NOT meant to be broken, They are to be reshaped.

1 comment:

Rajesh said...

Well said about them Resolutions. The more you think about them the more difficult it becomes to follow them. :)